A stay at the Lodge Avebury means waking up inside the neolithic stone circles of Avebury!
The moment you open the window shutters in your room, you’ll come face to face with the 5500 years of neolithic history that surround The Lodge, Avebury Bed and Breakfast. Avebury is world renowned for it’s Megaliths and offers open access to the stones 24 hours a day all year round. The Lodge offers two unique rooms, which overlook the henge, making it an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding countryside and myriad of ancient sites from.
Furnished in a period style, The Lodge is full of antiques which cover some 400 years of English cabinet making. The rooms offer comfortable King Size beds, flat screen TV’s, wi-fi and complimentary beverages etc. too, with a fine collection of antiquarian prints displayed in both rooms.
Guests breakfast in our beautiful Georgian dining room furnished in a period style with stunning views across the village of Avebury that’s surrounded by the largest stone circle in the world. A non-smoking atmosphere, vegetarian food, organic where possible, freshly cooked each morning. The chairs are re-seated George III dining chairs, with one of the tables also George III whilst the breakfast table in the window is William IV. It’s just how a house of such historical pedigree should be furnished.
When The Lodge first opened it’s doors as a bed and breakfast in 2003, it was on the understanding that it did so as a vegetarian bed and breakfast. Since then, it has carved itself a niche as one of Wiltshire’s best known bed and breakfast too! One thing’s for certain, there’s a limited amount of quality vegetarian accommodation on offer in Wiltshire; a position The Lodge endeavours to fill.
Rooms & Rates
- The en-suite room rate for double occupancy is from £195 per night including breakfast.
- The Pelmet Room rate is from £195 per night including breakfast.
- The Single occupancy room rate for both above rooms is from £155 per night including breakfast.
- The en-suite room also contains an additional full sized single bed with and additional 3rd guest rate of £60 per night, including breakfast.
- The ‘room rates’ cover the room and breakfast and with complimentary items included, there are no hidden charges or costs.